Creepy, Crawly FUN & a Freebie!

Tis the season Friends!  Creepy, Crawly insects are coming out and invading our space.  My little guy got up close and personal with one tonight!  Check out our country snail!

He is all boy with those dirty hands!

This little crawly guy got me thinking about my Creepy Crawling Fun insect unit. I started collecting items from tons of different places to add to my centers.  Check out some of the BUGGY things I have found.
I also put together a Creepy Crawly Fun insect unit for my class.  I can't wait to try it out.  You can preview it below by clicking the image.

It is a 41 page unit that integrates Science, Math, and Language Arts.  
You can also download my FREE 9 page Fireflies unit.
This unit includes: A Literature activity with When Lightning Comes in a Jar by Patricia Polacco. A writing Prompt, making words, firefly fact sheet, and an acrostic poem. 

Thanks for following me while you are at my Teacher Pay Teacher store!


Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Looks like a great unit and insects are always fun! I am a fellow TBTS member and I wanted to come introduce myself. I am looking forward to chatting with you and learning a lot from all the other teachers that have the same goal with their blog!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students always really get into the creepy crawly stuff this time of year! This looks like fun!
    Thanks for linking up to my "It's A Spring Thing" linky party!

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute name for an insect unit. All kids love bugs. I can't wait to download this unit and try some of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just finished our unit on Mealworms and other insects. My kids loved it, so I'm sure yours will too.
    We read The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle and the kids loved that too!
    Good luck with your unit!

    Jane
    The Learning Curve

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!